The Theological College of Northern Nigeria is evangelical in its theological outlook. As such, it lays a great emphasis on biblical theology and the biblical languages.
TCNN exists to provide training for Christian Ministry in the service of the Kingdom of God and relevant to the needs of the proprietor denominations, striving equally for the highest spiritual and academic standards and To contribute theologically to the development of the Church, particularly in the areas of theological education and Christian literature and also to help serving ministers continue to study and maintain their pastoral and evangelistic vision.
THE CONSTITUTION AFFIRMS THE FOLLOWING BASIS OF FAITH
- The Apostles’ Creed
- The Nicene Creed
- The following specific beliefs:
- The Unity of the Godhead and the Trinity of persons therein.
- The total depravity of human nature in consequence of the fall.
- The justification of the sinner by faith in Christ alone.
- The divine inspiration, authority and sufficiency of the Holy Scriptures.
- The work of the Holy Spirit in the conversion and sanctification of the sinner.
- The divine institution of the Christian ministry, and the obligation and perpetuity of the sacraments of Baptism and the Lord’s Supper.
- The incarnation of the Son of God, His atoning blood, His bodily resurrection, His mediatorial intercession and reign and personal return.
- The immortality of the soul, the resurrection of the body, the judgment of the world by our Lord Jesus Christ, with the eternal bliss of the righteous and the eternal punishment of the wicked.